As gamers probably know by now, Ubisoft appears to be taking a yearly release cycle for their Assassin’s Creed franchise. While this is no doubt great news for fans of the game, we guess there are some who are wondering if by releasing games on a yearly basis could lead to franchise fatigue, and possibly dilute the brand. Speaking to the folks at The Official Xbox Magazine, Ubisoft’s creative director, Jean Guesdon was quoted as saying that the franchise still has a long way to go, and that the developers still have a ton of fresh and different ideas to keep the game interesting.
I think we have proven that this franchise is relevant, and that it has a long way to go. Our job as developers of this new opus is to surprise players and bringing fresh, different ideas, while at the same time ensuring that what makes AC such a standout franchise remains intact.
With the scale and scope of the world we are building, the completely new setting, the new gameplay mechanics, and our new characters (both our hero and his supporting cast), we are definitely on track to get the job done and avoid fatigue altogether.
While Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag has yet to be released, meaning we’re not sure just how well it plays yet, do you think Ubisoft is getting a bit ahead of themselves? What do you guys think of a yearly Assassin’s Creed release? Yay or nay?
- 2014-04-13: Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-07: Watch Dogs' Recommended Specs Leaked On Steam
- 2014-04-01: Ubisoft: No Watch Dogs Demo Planned
- 2014-03-30: Ubisoft Reiterates Their Commitment To Annual Assassin's Creed Releases
- 2014-03-21: Assassin’s Creed Unity Teaser Trailer
- 2014-03-19: New Upcoming Assassin's Creed Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-02-24: Ubisoft Exec Denies Assassin's Creed V Will Take Place In Feudal Japan
- 2013-12-23: Ubisoft States They Will Hesitate To Delay An Assassin's Creed Game If They Feel It's Not Ready