As gamers probably know by now, Ubisoft appears to be taking a yearly release cycle for their Assassin’s Creed franchise. While this is no doubt great news for fans of the game, we guess there are some who are wondering if by releasing games on a yearly basis could lead to franchise fatigue, and possibly dilute the brand. Speaking to the folks at The Official Xbox Magazine, Ubisoft’s creative director, Jean Guesdon was quoted as saying that the franchise still has a long way to go, and that the developers still have a ton of fresh and different ideas to keep the game interesting.
I think we have proven that this franchise is relevant, and that it has a long way to go. Our job as developers of this new opus is to surprise players and bringing fresh, different ideas, while at the same time ensuring that what makes AC such a standout franchise remains intact.
With the scale and scope of the world we are building, the completely new setting, the new gameplay mechanics, and our new characters (both our hero and his supporting cast), we are definitely on track to get the job done and avoid fatigue altogether.
While Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag has yet to be released, meaning we’re not sure just how well it plays yet, do you think Ubisoft is getting a bit ahead of themselves? What do you guys think of a yearly Assassin’s Creed release? Yay or nay?RELATED
- Japan's Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Will Come With Puma Jacket
- Wii U Expected To Sell 25 Million Units In Its Lifetime, According To Market Research Firm
- Battlefield 4 Update For Xbox One Will Be Delayed
- YouTube Gaming Channels Received Copyright Violation Warnings
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Follow: assassin's creed, ubisoft,