Over the past few days we’ve seen alleged components of the iPhone 5S leak, but today thanks to the folks at MacRumors, they claim to have gotten their hands on a couple of photos in which the iPhone 5S’ body and its innards sitting inside the body can be seen. According to them, it seems that these photos might be the real thing, especially since the logic board is an exact match to the one leaked earlier, not to mention the battery carries a more recent Apple Part Number compared to that of the iPhone 5, which at the same time seems to be slightly larger at 5.92Whr compared to 5.45Whr of the iPhone 5.
The rear shell of the casing reveals an interesting redesign of the camera’s flash unit. Typically circular in nature, this rear shell shows a flash unit that is shaped like a pill, suggesting a dual LED flash. Apart from that the design of the iPhone 5S appears to be more or less the same as its predecessor. There’s no way of telling if these images are the real deal, so take it with a grain of salt for now, but it does seem to keep to Apple’s trend of internal upgrades for its iPhone “S” lineup, rather than a complete redesign.
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-04: Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead