Do you think that analysts have a slightly different outlook compared to the rest of us? I suppose the answer would be in the affirmative to a certain extent, otherwise they would not be analysts, would they? Jefferies analyst Peter Misek has a new report which claimed that Apple Inc. will be slashing their iPhone manufacturing orders for the rest of the year.
According to Misek, it seems that the change in Apple’s manufacturing plans will see it reduce iPhone orders for the third quarter of 2013 from 40 million-45 million all the way down to 25 million-30 million, which is nearly half the amount less. Not only that, in the fourth quarter of the year, Apple will reduce its order to 50 million-55 million from 60 million-65 million. Misek arrived at this particular conclusion after analyzing the inventory checks and data collected from a number of key Apple vendors and suppliers. What do you think of this reduction in iPhone orders?
I suppose the increase in orders between the third and fourth quarter of the year makes plenty of sense, especially when you consider the crazy holiday season is about to kick off.
- 2014-01-16 Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09 iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17 Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11 Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08 Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court