When it comes to MMOs adding new content to the game, how often would you like to see that happen? Once a week? Once a month? One every few months? Well the good news for Guild Wars 2 players is that hoping to keep gamers interested and adding value to the game, ArenaNet has announced (via GamerZines) that they will no longer be releasing updates every three weeks. Instead the developer has revealed their plans to release updates every two weeks instead, likening the constant releases to television series where the gamer basically has to “stay tuned” to see what the developer has for the game in two weeks’ time.
According to the lead designer of Guild Wars 2, Mike Zadorojny, “If we can push this, if we can add content every two weeks that is engaging to the players, then really it’s almost like a TV show at that point. It’s kind of stay tuned until next week for the thrilling conclusion of… That’s where our goal is, and it’s really fascinating when you have an entire studio dedicated to pulling off.” What do Guild Wars 2 gamers have to say about this? Are you guys pleased that updates will be released on a more frequent basis now? Or would you rather they delay releases so that gamers have more time to absorb the new content rather than burning through them?
- 2013-08-23: Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Announced
- 2013-07-01: ArenaNet Opens Guild Wars 2 APIs To Developers
- 2013-06-27: ArenaNet To Release Guild Wars 2 Updates Every Two Weeks Now
- 2013-05-14: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pack Currently Underway According To NCsoft
- 2013-01-29: Guild Wars 2 Content Update Arrives
- 2012-11-28: ArenaNet introduces character makeover options for Guild Wars 2
- 2012-11-02: The Lost Shores will be the next Guild Wars 2 update
- 2012-10-31: Next Guild Wars 2 major content update arriving 15th November