With the ability to ride ships in Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, we’re sure some gamers might have thought it would be cool if the multiplayer aspect of the game allowed gamers to fight one another on open seas in naval battles. Well as it turns out, Ubisoft did think it would have been a cool idea and at one point in time, Assassin’s Cred 4 did try to incorporate naval battles in multiplayer mode, but ultimately the feature was removed. According to creative director, Ashraf Ismail (via Gamespot), “Naval multiplayer, unfortunately, we don’t have it […] It’s something we tried at the beginning, but we didn’t feel we can get it to a good enough level for this iteration.” Sounds like quite a pity especially since the concept of it is pretty cool. Will this feature be implemented in future updates or DLCs to the game? We have no idea at the moment, but gamers out there what do you guys think? Would you like to see naval battle make its way into the multiplayer mode for Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag?
- 2014-04-13: Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-07: Watch Dogs' Recommended Specs Leaked On Steam
- 2014-04-01: Ubisoft: No Watch Dogs Demo Planned
- 2014-03-30: Ubisoft Reiterates Their Commitment To Annual Assassin's Creed Releases