In a market filled with iOS and Android devices, we’re sure many are wondering about the fate of companies such as Blackberry who not only manufacture their own devices, but the software as well. As it stands we’re sure even the more ardent Blackberry fan will admit that Blackberry’s market share is only a fraction of iOS and Android, but we guess despite many who seem to think that Blackberry is headed towards failure, here’s a piece of good news. According to a report from Seeking Alpha, it has been suggested that Blackberry 10 sales are a lot better than Blackberry themselves have expected, to the extent where the Canadian company has increased the purchase of components to meet this unexpected demand.
It would seem that while in the US, Blackberry’s market share might not be the most impressive, the report is saying that sales in regions such as Indonesia and the Middle East are healthy, along with other emerging markets. This isn’t too surprising for Indonesia as the country is well-known for their love of Blackberry devices as evidenced in 2011 when the Bold 9790 went on sale, leading to chaos ensuing due to everyone rushing to get their hands on the device.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices
- 2013-12-22: BBM For BlackBerry 10 Beta Features Real Time Location Sharing And Voice Notes