What could be one of the ways that Apple separates its regular iPhones from its rumored budget one? Well color, apparently. According to the folks at Japanese website, Macotakara, they claim that Apple’s budget iPhone lineup will come in five different colors – white, pink, orange, blue, and black. Supposedly the saturation of these colors are similar to that of the iPhone 4 bumpers that Apple released a few years ago during the company’s antennagate incident. Apart from those colors, it seems that the color green was dropped from the list which was one of the colors we heard back in May, and it is unclear if Apple will release a (PRODUCT)RED version as well.
Take it with grain of salt for now, but rumors of a budget iPhone have been floating about for some time now, with reports claiming that this more affordable version of the iPhone will help Apple capture market share in emerging markets where their Android competitors, such as Samsung, HTC, LG, are making money from their lower-end devices. No word on when this alleged budget iPhone will launch, but assuming it launches alongside the iPhone 5S, September/October will be a safe bet.
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon