LG’s series of Android devices have typically been part of the company’s Optimus series of smartphones. Whether it be a high-end device or a low-end one, LG has stuck with the Optimus moniker for quite a while now, although word on the street has it that LG could be thinking about getting rid of the Optimus name in favor of a different brand. This is according to a report from Chosun.Biz who has suggested that perhaps LG might use the Optimus brand for lower-middle ranged devices, while coming up with a different name that will help differentiate its high-end devices from the rest of their products.
We guess to a certain extent this makes sense, especially since unless you’ve been following the tech news or if you’ve done your research, you wouldn’t be able to tell if the LG Optimus F3 is of the same standing as the LG Optimus G Pro. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think of LG’s possible move? Will it help the company identify themselves easier and compete with the likes of their South Korean rival, Samsung?
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)