There seems to be a fair number of smart watches released these days, with Sony’s Smartwatch 2 being the latest. In fact if you believe the rumors, Apple could be interested as well with the rumor release of an iWatch device in the future. In any case while some of us wait for the realization of the actual product, iOS users might be interested in something a little less official in the meantime which comes in the form of an Indiegogo project called the Meteor by Kreyos. Essentially the Meteor is a smart watch that will be compatible with Apple’s iOS, and instead of relying merely on buttons to get the job done, its creators are claiming that the Meteor smart watch is the only smart watch that features both voice and gesture control.
The device features a three-axis gyro, an accelerometer and additional motion sensors that will be able to detect wrist motion, which can be customized, that allows the user to control their watch. This is pretty cool because it will allow users to interact with the watch, and their phone, without having to reach out to touch the screen or press buttons which can be handy while driving, riding a bike or when their hands are otherwise occupied. The watch can also be interacted with using voice commands, and to top it all off, the device is waterproof as well. As it stands the project has since exceeded its funding goal, but if you’d like to pledge your donation or learn more, head on over to its Indiegogo page for the details.
- 2014-04-14: LithiumCard Is A Charger That Can Fit In Your Wallet
- 2014-04-04: The Body Dryer Wants To Do Away With The Need For Towels
- 2014-03-24: iHear Is A Hearing Aid That Can Be Calibrated Over The Internet
- 2014-03-07: Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- 2014-03-04: Lifesaver iPhone Case Will Attempt To Save Your Life
- 2014-02-03: Apple iWatch Using Solar And Kinetic Charging?
- 2013-09-04: Qualcomm Toq Hands-On Review: Mirasol Display Is the Star
- 2013-07-22: Samsung Smart Watch Expected To Launch Alongside Galaxy Note 3 [Rumor]
- 2013-07-12: Pebble Smart Watches Passes 275,000 Preorder Mark
- 2013-07-02: Qualcomm TOQ Trademark Filed, Hints At Possible Smart Watch