Only a couple of days ago Sony hinted through its Twitter account the possibility of it launching a new Smartwatch at the Mobile Asia Expo next week. It has already posted a couple of teaser images as well which further lends ear to the speculation that Sony is indeed releasing its new Smartwatch. According to CNET’s source, the wearable gadget will tout NFC technology.
The existing Sony Smartwatch retails for around $100 dollars, it is not known for sure if its successor will retain this price point. The new Sony Smartwatch is said to have a larger screen than its predecessor, it is apparently also minimally water resistant and runs Android. Similar to current Xperia smartphones, the watch will reportedly have a three icon layout underneath the capacitive touchscreen. NFC is said to be on-board as well for easy pairing with smartphones, the connection itself would be sustained via Bluetooth. No further details regarding internal specifications are available at this point. The Mobile Asia Expo runs between June 26 and June 28, so its only a matter of time before Sony unveils its latest wearable gadget to the world.
Next Story: Sony Rolls Out Illumination Bar API
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!