We did bring you reports earlier this week that some folks who decided to upgrade their Sony PS3 to firmware version 4.45 realized that their beloved (but aged) console ended up as useful as a paperweight, albeit being a whole lot larger in size. Sony is definitely aware of this particular issue since the update rolled out, and it seems that there is no “cure” for this digital ailment just yet, at least not until June 27th, which is slightly less than a week from today. According to the PlayStation Europe Twitter account who dropped the ball earlier this morning via a tweet, “We have identified the issue related to PS3 software update (4.45) that impacted a small number of PS3 systems earlier this week. A new system software update is planned to be released on June 27 that resolves that issue.”
If you so happen to be one of those who have actually experienced a bricked PS3 because of the 4.45 firmware update, that is a good six days more to go. Perhaps it is time you drop some coin for a PS4 pre-order, or play with your friend’s Xbox 360 instead? And yes, for those living in the US, the very same fix will also be released on June 27th.
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-03-18 Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-01-14 Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Launches On The Sony PS3
- 2013-12-29 PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-12-26 Sony To End Online Support For Some Of Their First-Party PS3 Titles
- 2013-12-16 Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17