Just yesterday we reported that at Mobile Asia Expo Sony might announce a mid-range Android smartphone called Sony Xperia C. Today in Shanghai it not only announced the Xperia Z Ultra and Smartwatch 2, it also announced the dual SIM Xperia C smartphone which touts a 5 inch qHD 960×540 display.
This is actually the first smartphone Sony has developed that comes with a MediaTek chip, it is powered by a quadcore MT6589 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel rear facing camera with LED flash and support for microSD cards. It runs Android Jelly Bean but the exact version is not known. Sony Xperia C will be released in selected markets soon, it will go on sale first in China with China Unicom. The smartphone, like Xperia Z Ultra, will be available in three colors, black, purple and white. Sony hasn’t said if these “selected markets” include the U.S. as well, so naturally there are no pricing and availability details to share about that right now. The official webpage of Sony Xperia C is now online, fair warning though, its in Chinese.
Next Story: Sprint Shareholders Approve Of SoftBank Merger
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)