Microsoft did introduce to the masses a major update to the official Twitter app for the Windows Phone 8 platform earlier this year in February itself, where that update brought along with it a bunch of other features and improvements. Having said that, the company has rolled out another update for the Twitter app on Windows Phone 8 which will introduce its fair share of new as well as highly requested features. Some of the features found in the new Twitter app would include the ability to check out embedded videos directly from Vine itself in tweets, as well as integrated Lens app support.
Not only that, the new Twitter app would also enable one to throw in filters to their Twitter photos, adding a dash of Instagram, if you will. Microsoft mentioned, “Just tap the camera icon to capture an image from your phone’s viewfinder, or pull in a shot from your Camera Roll. Then apply one of 8 new filters.” These tiny little changes will amount to much in the long run, as it keeps existing users happy and who knows, might even persuade those who are still sitting on the fence to take the Twitter jump. [Press Release]
Next Story: Blackberry Q10 Unboxing + Photo Gallery
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest