Virgin Mobile has already announced that it will begin selling the iPhone 5, off contract, from June 28th. The carrier said that it will be offering the smartphone through retail partners as well, though it didn’t specify which re-sellers were to become its retail partners. RadioShack is reportedly going to sell Virgin’s iPhone 5, it may start doing that from Friday. No official confirmation regarding this has come in either from Virgin or RadioShack.
All three 16GB, 32GB and 64GB iPhone 5 versions are being offered by Virgin Mobile for $549.99, $649.99 and $749.99 respectively. As opposed to Apple’s own pricing for factory unlocked iPhone 5, Virgin is selling all three models after shaving off $100. So its a good option for those who want Apple’s current flagship smartphone without being tied to a specific carrier. RadioShack already sells Virgin’s iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, as well as Sprint, AT&T and Verizon iPhones. So it isn’t too far-fetched to believe that Virgin’s contract free iPhone 5 is going to be sold by RadioShack as well. However we can’t be entirely sure until any of the two parties involved make an official announcement.
- 2013-11-18 Virgin Mobile Picks Up The LTE HTC Desire
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-06-21 iPhone 5 Available On Virgin Mobile June 28