XCOM: Enemy Unknown was expected to be launched onto iOS some time this summer, and it looks like the game will be made available starting this Thursday, June 20th, exactly one day prior to summer’s official start.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown will run on a wide range of iOS devices as the iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and 5th-generation iPod Touches will all support the game, which will be made available for a premium price of $19.99. We know that’s a price point many iOS gamers aren’t too comfortable spending on a game, but considering you’re getting a complete version of the game on your mobile device which has won numerous awards since its release, then we see the $19.99 price point to be quite the bargain.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown will be a universal app with both Game Center and iCloud support, which means not only will you be able to play the game on all of your iOS devices, but you’ll also be able to continue where you left off from one iOS device to another.
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2013-05-24: iOS 7 Redesign May Feature Flat 'Black and White' Design
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-05-17: iOS Devices Now Approved For Military Use By Department Of Defense
- 2013-05-16: iOS Game Spending Outpaces Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita In Q1 2013