Yahoo has been shaking up things in the company recently. There have been many acquisitions of both nascent and established products, such as Tumblr, and Yahoo is also reportedly looking to buy a well known video streaming website. It has also been revamping its existing products, to improve user experience. As Yahoo brings in new teams and products, it parts with the ones that are no longer of any great value. EVP Platforms at Yahoo, Jay Rossiter, has announced that the company is shutting down a dozen products so that they can continue to focus on creating “beautiful” products.
The first products to get the ax were Yahoo! Axis, Browser Plus and Citizen Sports, all three were shut down on June 28th. Five products will be shut down in July, this includes the AltaVista search engine. Yahoo has an obvious alternative for that, Yahoo Search. In September the company will shut down Yahoo! Local API and Term Extraction API, thus marking the end of this trimming session. The full list of products, their closure dates and details is available at Yahoo’s official Tumblr.RELATED
- Microsoft Accounts Receive New Security Features
- Google Testing +Post Google+ Content Ads With Select Brands
- Facebook News Feed Changes Put Focus On Content Source's Quality
- New Website Helps Users Check If Their Email Account Has Been Hacked
- Facebook Is Open To The Idea Of A "Sympathize" Button
- Follow: yahoo,