Back in 2011 there were rumors that BlackBerry was working on a BlackBerry 10 device codenamed “Milan”, and according to the leaked render at that time, it was revealed to be a slider device similar to that of the BlackBerry Torch. Come 2012 word on the street was that the project had since been cancelled due to apparent hardware issues, and in 2013 we have not heard about the device, at least until recently where images released by BerryNationhave revealed a device of a certain Z15, the purported Milan device, although we’re guessing this is more of a concept rather than an actual leak.
Since it’s been more than a year since we’ve last heard about the Milan, it is possible that during that time if BlackBerry had decided to continue pursuing the project, they would have updated its specs to something a bit more “modern”, and according to the alleged specs revealed by BerryNation, the Z15 is expected to feature a 4.5” AMOLED HD display with a 1.5GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard storage, a 12MP camera, a 5MP front-facing camera, a microSD card slot, and naturally it would run on BlackBerry OS 10.
Like we said earlier, the renders released by BerryNation seem more like a concept rather than a real thing, and the specs could merely be the wish list of specs by BlackBerry fans, but what do you guys think? Is the Z15 a BlackBerry 10 phone you could get on board with?
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale