“Sing like a canary” is not a very good term to use, as it implies that someone has been (more often than not) forced to an untenable position, where all the deepest and darkest secrets within are shared with all and sundry. Well, this Canary Alarm that we will talk about works in the same manner, except that it has the potential to save lives as well as personal belongings. A Brooklyn-based developer team is behind the Canary Alarm, where it functions as a sort of smart smoke detector which will alert you remotely should a fire actually start in your home.
Apart from its capability to detect smoke, the Canary will also be able to pick up the presence of carbon monoxide, which would mean this is a 2-in-1 alert system. Not only that, Canary is more than able to detect common allergy irritants such as dust, mold, and pollen, so that your house will be as clean and allergy-free as possible. The Canary remains an Arduino-based prototype at the moment, but the developer team hopes to release the Canary Alarm in a commercialized version sometime down the road – the sooner, the better.
- 2013-11-07: Gift Alarm Uses Motion Detection To Keep Your Presents Safe From Snoopers
- 2013-07-03: Canary Alarm Sends Alerts To Your Smartphone
- 2011-12-07: Edifier Tick Tock Alarm Clock
- 2011-10-12: A-Solar Travel Pal charges your devices and keeps you safe
- 2011-09-14: Sony introduces new DASH Information Alarm Clocks
- 2011-08-16: Burglary: Detroit police needs proof of crime before responding to alarms