Google launched its Google+ Local service just a few months ago, but it already looks to be one of those services the search giant has decided to put into an early retirement as they have announced its dedicated iOS app will be retired on August 7.
The news comes from an email that is currently being sent out to Google Maps users which is saying its localized dining, shopping and entertainment discover application will be put out to pasture on August 7. The retiring of the Google+ Local for iOS application is a direct result of the feature being built into the latest version of Google Maps for iOS.
Once August 7 comes around, the Google+ Local for iOS app will no longer be accessible, instead, the already existing reviews, ratings and any additional saved information will be available on Google+, which will then be transferred the next time you sign into Google Maps.
Google has been going on a retirement spree over the past few months as they shut down Google Reader, and soon, Google Latitude. Although in Google+ Local for iOS’ case, it seems like the logical solution considering all of its information is easily available within Google Maps.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Google, iOS,
- Seen at: 9to5mac