There are whispers going around that Internet search giant Google might very well go up against Xbox One’s additional multimedia capabilities, by rolling out an online TV service. Of course, this is but a rumor at the moment with nothing concrete stated just yet, but we do scratch our heads and wonder whether Google’s alleged new online TV service will take off where its spiritual predecessor, if you could call it that, Google TV, has failed?
A report from the Wall Street Journal does claim, citing the traditional “unnamed sources”, that Google is currently holding rounds of talks with a bunch of other media companies, hoping to license their content for a new online TV service. Should this come to pass, then the plan would involve streaming traditional TV networks over the Internet, with one source even touting that Google has already demonstrated the new TV service in front of an interested media partner, although details concerning that demonstration were kept under the lid for obvious reasons. I would kill to get some leaked images of what the user interface would be like, won’t you?
Next Story: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Limited Edition
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2013-12-08: Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- 2013-12-03: Driver Pleads “Not Guilty” For Wearing Google Glass While Driving
- 2012-10-08: Google TV gets Google Play Movies, TV shows, and music
- 2012-06-28: Google TV gets more (paid) content
- 2012-06-26: Google TV to host Sirius XM Radio and Howard Stern