Microsoft did announce that they were developing a live action Halo television series earlier this year, and this collaboration would see the great Steven Spielberg come aboard as one of its executive producers. Apart from that reveal, Microsoft did lie low concerning the TV show, but it was some time this week that Nancy Tellem, president of Xbox Entertainment Studios, dropped two more hints concerning the Halo TV show as well as Microsoft’s plans to develop an original TV series.
According to CNN Money, they reported that Tellem, who was speaking at the Brainstorm Tech conference, stated, “Unlike developing a show and adding interactivity after the fact, we are going to start from the beginning.” Too bad for all of us industry watchers then, as the nitty gritty concerning the level of interactivity which will occur were not revealed. Other than that, Tellem also shared that apart from the Halo TV series, the Xbox Entertainment Studios team also do happen to have a number of other shows in the pipeline, and this should be stuff that the masses ought to get excited about.
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-02-28: Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta Could Be Released This Year
- 2014-02-28: Halo News Will Be Shared At E3, According To Phil Spencer
- 2014-02-13: Halo 2 Anniversary Coming This Year, Says Voice Actor
- 2014-02-04: UNSC Spirit Of Fire Gets The LEGO Treatment
- 2014-01-19: Microsoft Denies Rumors Of A Halo Movie
- 2013-12-10: Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One Dec. 24 For $14.99
- 2013-10-29: Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One, Xbox 360 This December