Apple’s iMessage service is not immune to an outage, as at least a couple of incidences come to mind right from the get go. Come to think of it, all online services cannot claim to have a 100% uptime record, as you can never quite tell just when Murphy might strike at the end – or in some cases, at the beginning of the day. It is a good thing then, that whenever one hears of an online messaging platform such as Gmail or Facebook failing, the percentage of users affected by the downtime tends to be small to say the least. Today, we bring you word that Apple’s iMessage service suffered from an outage for approximately 45 minutes, where it affected a whopping 30% of users thereabouts.
According to Apple’s official Services, Stores, and iCloud indicator, it pointed out that the service was out for “some users” from around 12:30PM-1:15PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), although there were different reports on the ground that touted these problems continued until as late as around 3PM PST, with “some users” being lumped in the band of 30% of the total users, which is not small by any means. No idea on which gremlin caused the outage, but hopefully it won’t happen so soon into the future.
Next Story: Verizon Bound HTC One Drops By The FCC
- 2014-02-28: Apple Handles 40 Billion iMessages, 15-20 Million FaceTime Calls Daily
- 2013-12-11: Southwest Airlines Offer $2 iMessaging Service For iOS Users
- 2013-10-20: Apple Denies Researchers' Claims That iMessages Aren't Entirely Secure
- 2013-08-14: New York Times Web Site Is Still Offline
- 2013-08-14: Microsoft Outlook Outage Reported
- 2013-07-09: iMessage Outage Affected 30% Of Users
- 2013-04-09: iMessage And FaceTime Down For A While
- 2013-03-03: CloudFlare Is Down, Taking Thousands Of Websites With It
- 2012-09-17: Apple iMessage outage happened earlier this morning