One of the fun and unique aspects of Kingdom Hearts is how it incorporates characters from different franchises, leading to some unlikely combinations and styles. However with Disney acquiring Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise, we guess some of you guys were hoping that Star Wars making its way into Kingdom Hearts would be a possibility, weren’t you? Well even if you didn’t, the game’s creator, Tetsuya Nomura, seems pretty enthusiastic about the possibility of adding Star Wars and Marvel characters into future Kingdom Hearts games.
However while Nomura was enthusiastic, he was also realistic and did state that he expected it would be pretty hard to get something like that going. Speaking in an interview held at the Japan Expo in Paris with Finaland, “Of course it would be great if we could add those licenses as well […] But there are lots of rules and restrictions by Disney so we can’t actually put in everything people want. So it’s a quite difficult decision but we’re gonna prepare some surprises for you so, just wait for the information […] We’ve been talking about Star Wars itself since it became Disney’s content recently. When I heard the news I was like wow, wow’. Obviously it’s gonna be great if we could add it,” What do you guys think about seeing Star Wars and Marvel characters arriving for Kingdom Hearts? Yay, or nay?
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-03-19: HTC One To Make An Appearance In Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- 2014-03-10: Marvel Introduces Audio Into Comics In Marvel Unlimited App
- 2014-02-13: Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19: Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-17: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Runs On A Free-To-Play Model