It’s been almost three months since the T-Mobile & MetroPCS merger was completed, and already, MetroPCS subscribers are starting to see some benefit out of the entire deal as the company is announcing today it’s adding some new devices as well as supporting additional cities.
Before we get to the additional coverage news, let’s take a look at what MetroPCS is adding to its stable of devices. MetroPCS subscribers will finally have an option if they want to own a Windows Phone 8 device as the Nokia Lumia 521 is now available, and supports HSPA+ to boot. For you Android users out there, you’ll have another option as well as LG is releasing its Optimus F3. Both devices will be available for purchase starting today with the Lumia 521 selling for $99, while the Optimus F3 is being sold at $149.
But wait – there’s more as MetroPCS is also expanding its coverage to support 19 additional cities which include Washington, D.C., New Orleans, LA, and Houston, Texas to name a few of the major cities. Here’s the full list of the new cities MetroPCS will now be expanded to:
- Baltimore, MD
- Birmingham, Ala.
- Cleveland and Akron, Ohio
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Fresno, Calif.
- Houston, Texas
- Memphis, Tenn.
- New Orleans, LA
- Rio Grande Valley, Texas
- San Antonio and Austin, Texas
- San Diego, Calif.
- Seattle and Tacoma, Wash.
- Tallahassee, Fla.
- Toledo and Sandusky, Ohio
- Washington, DC
- Google Search Updated, Will Launch Apps From Search Results
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- BBM Shows Signs Of Popularity In India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines
- BlackBerry 10.2.1 Reportedly Launching In January 2014
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- Follow: LG, metropcs, Nokia, t-mobile,
- Seen at: metropcs