A couple of days ago it was rumored that the Sony PlayStation 4’s release date would be shared during gamescom which will be taking place in Germany this August. As it stands the rumors are suggesting a possible November release, so if that is indeed the case, we can’t say we’re too surprised to learn that Microsoft could be interested in releasing their console at around the same time. According to Andrew Esposito at Pixel Enemy, he received an email from Amazon confirming his pre-order of the Xbox One console, and within the email it is stated that the estimated delivery date of the console is set for the 27th of November.
If you have ever pre-ordered from Amazon in the past, it usually means that Amazon has already billed you for your purchase, more or less locking it in. Microsoft has yet to make an official announcement regarding the Xbox One’s availability, so for all we know Amazon could still be making guesses as to when the console will be available. On the flipside it is possible that Amazon might have gotten word from Microsoft, so the date could be real. In any case we’ll be keeping our eyes and ears peeled for an official announcement from Microsoft, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon
- 2014-04-04: Xbox One Security Flaw Discovered By 5-Year Old