We’ve covered the Motorola X Phone in great detail here, initially it was believed that this was going to be a whole range of devices, not just one smartphone. However, the company has confirmed one Moto X smartphone, not an entire series right now. It was rumored quite a few months back that Motorola’s new smartphone might offer customization options, at that time it was not known what the extent of this customization might be. It is believed that the company will give users unique color options that they can customize. The first ad for this smartphone hints at something like that.
Since 4th of July is just around the corner, this ad will run on July 3. There’s a patriotic tone to the entire affair, the ad starts off with touting the fact that Moto X is “the first smartphone designed, engineered and assembled in the USA.” The interesting thing to note in the ad’s copy is that this is said to be “the first smartphone that you can design yourself.” Its seems like a subtle hint, unfortunately the ad offers no further details about customization of any sort. It ends with “Designed by you. Assembled in the USA,” seriously one-upping Apple’s “Designed by Apple in California” tagline. Its an American company nonetheless that’s making smartphones in the U.S., so that really is something to thump your chest on. [Image via AdAge]
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched