Numerous reports have been received of the fact that Netflix personalized user profiles are showing up on Apple TV. This feature itself is expected to be launched in August. However, a lot of users have reached out to Macrumors saying that they are already able to see personalized user profiles in the Netflix app on Apple TV. These profiles allow users of shared accounts to keep all of their interests and recommendations separate from other members that use that same Netflix account.
Previously, Netflix only offered a single interface for all users. This meant that recommendations and interests would be compounded based on the input from all of the users, they wouldn’t be tailored for one individual user. On the Apple TV, users will be able to manage profiles, as well as create queues and see the list of recently viewed items. Netflix has said that the official release of this feature will take place this summer, after that individual users would be able to set up their own profiles on the web which would then be accessible through Apple TV.
Next Story: Lenovo Apparently Banned By Top Spy Agencies
- 2014-04-23 Netflix Taps Arrested Development Creator For More Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Commits Millions For New Online Video Ventures
- 2014-04-14 Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-08 Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08 Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2011-11-10 Apple may be holding back a Hulu Plus app for Apple TV (Rumor)
- 2010-08-31 Rumor: Revamped Apple TV To Include Netflix Streaming