Samsung has officially announced that it is going to launch its Exynos 5 Octa processor next week. At this point in time the company hasn’t revealed many details about these new processors. It only says that they are more enhanced and powerful than ever before, but this is something that can easily be expected from a new processor. It hasn’t been revealed as yet which devices are going to be powered by the new Exynos 5 Octa processor.
The existing Exynos 5 Octa processor was launched earlier this year, it powers the i9500 variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4. Samsung will be kicking off a contest on Twitter after the announcement, giving a lucky few the chance to win “brand new, Exynos-powered device.” More details on the contest will also be unveiled next week. It is possible that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will become the first device to be powered by the new Exynos 5 Octa processor, earlier today it was rumored that at least one variant of this device will have the Exynos processor, whereas the other is likely to have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-02-12: Samsung Galaxy S4 Benchmarks Reveal 1.9GHz Qualcomm Processor [Rumor]
- 2013-01-18: Alleged Samsung Galaxy S4 Spotted In Benchmarks With 8-Core Exynos 5 Chipset
- 2013-01-17: Samsung Exynos 5 Octa Specs & Details
- 2013-01-16: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 To Be Exynos 5 Octa Powered With 6.3-Inch Display [Rumor]
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Announces 8-Core Exynos 5 Octa Mobile CPU