Joss Whedon’s Firefly has something of a cult-following, especially since the show was cancelled in its prime, at least that’s what fans seem to say, and if you’re a fan of the series and the movie, you’re in luck because you will now be able to enjoy more Firefly content thanks to the official game which has been recently announced at SDCC 2013. Dubbed Firefly Online, the description of the game reads, “a multi-user, social online role-playing game that will initially be available for smartphones and tablets, including those based on iOS and Android operating systems.”
While the PC version of the game has yet to be announced, a response to a commenter revealed that the developers will probably wait and see how things go with the mobile launch before committing to a PC version. The game will see players captain a ship and hire crew and trade with other players while completing missions. Developed by QMXi and Spark Plug Games, Firefly online is expected to be released in the summer of 2014 which sadly is still pretty far off, but in the meantime you will be able to check out the game’s announcement in the video above. So, who else out there is excited by this piece of news?
Next Story: Diablo 3 Teaser Trailer For PS3 Released
- Disturbing Scenes In Metal Gear Solid V Are Designed To Push The Limits
- Hideo Kojima Would Like To See Metal Gear Solid 5 Arrive For PC
- Killzone: Shadow Fall's Multiplayer Might Not Be 1080p As Advertised
- Titanfall Season Pass And Digital Deluxe Edition Announced
- PS4's Second Week In Japan Apparently Not Too Spectacular