Wearable gadgets seem to be the next frontier for technology. Many major companies are pouring in a lot of money and resources in to their projects, Google Glass is one prime example. Samsung has been rumored to be working on a smartwatch, but the company is also said to be working on a wide variety of wearable gadgets. Earlier today we reported that LG has filed trademarks that hint it might also be working on a host of wearable gadgets. By the looks of it, the coming year is going to be all about such gadgets.
It is said that Samsung has created a special team that works closely with the Mobile Communications Division to launch wearable devices as soon as possible. One such device is rumored to offer functionality similar to the Nike+ FuelBand, which lets users track their exercise activity on a daily basis, however FuelBand only works with iOS. It is not clear exactly which devices other than a smartwatch Samsung is working on, but apparently they are heavily investing in the research and development phase so as to not get left out of the fray.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs