Wearable gadgets seem to be the next frontier for technology. Many major companies are pouring in a lot of money and resources in to their projects, Google Glass is one prime example. Samsung has been rumored to be working on a smartwatch, but the company is also said to be working on a wide variety of wearable gadgets. Earlier today we reported that LG has filed trademarks that hint it might also be working on a host of wearable gadgets. By the looks of it, the coming year is going to be all about such gadgets.
It is said that Samsung has created a special team that works closely with the Mobile Communications Division to launch wearable devices as soon as possible. One such device is rumored to offer functionality similar to the Nike+ FuelBand, which lets users track their exercise activity on a daily basis, however FuelBand only works with iOS. It is not clear exactly which devices other than a smartwatch Samsung is working on, but apparently they are heavily investing in the research and development phase so as to not get left out of the fray.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display