Would you, as the head of a company, decide to rely on the appeal of a fictional character in order to sell more of a particular product from your stable of items, or do you prefer a real life celebrity or personality to do the job instead? NTT DoCoMo is certainly a staunch supporter of the former, method, where they recently worked alongside Sony Mobile to roll out a limited edition Sony Xperia A smartphone which will feature virtual pop idol Hatsune Miku. Hatsune Miku, who has seen her fair share of sold out concerts, will be emblazoned across 39,000 Xperia A handsets.
You will find the delectable Hatsune Miko introduce a nice turquoise theme to the Xperia A, with her hair decal located on the back. It remains to be seen just what kind of software-based tweaks can we look forward to, but so far it seems that suggestions for logos, ringtone and wallpaper are being accepted. After all, the Sony Xperia A Hatsune Miku limited edition handset will roll out only sometime this September in Japan exclusively.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2012-07-02 NTT DoCoMo stops Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for quartet of Xperia smartphones
- 2010-07-07 Future consoles could get integrated 3G connectivity