When Microsoft initially announced their policies regarding the Xbox One, safe to say there were many gamers who weren’t too pleased by it, which is why Sony’s announcement had many anticipating it to see if Sony would be doing what Microsoft was doing, or if they were to go a different route. Unsurprisingly Sony did take a different route which was the exact opposite route that Microsoft took at that time, and if you were wondering if perhaps this more of a reaction from Sony rather than a plan they had all along, think again. According to Andrew House, the president and CEO of the worldwide PlayStation business, a move similar to what Microsoft did with the Xbox was never once considered.
Speaking to The Guardian in an interview, House was quoted as saying, “Dating from about our February event, there had been questions about what our online policy would be […] And I have to say that we were slightly perplexed, because we had no intention of changing from a model that I think has served us really well for several platform life-cycles.” During Sony’s event in February, the console was officially announced along with several games, although exact hardware specifics, other features, and the design of the console remained a mystery until E3, which we guess had many wondering if Sony was waiting to see what Microsoft did before going ahead with their decisions.
Next Story: Search For Clothes Online After Uploading Photos
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-13: Survey Predicts 'Swing Gamers' Opting For PS4 Instead Of Xbox One
- 2014-02-24: Xbox One Price Cut Across The Pond
- 2014-02-13: NPD: PS4 Tops Hardware Sales, Xbox One Wins On Game Sales