So, the Sony PS4 has already made it past the FCC as it is being prepared for a release later at the end of this year, but here we are with word from sources who prefer to remain anonymous, that Sony is handing out its PS4 development kits (dev kits for short) like candy, even though that these dev kits do not come cheap at approximately $2,500 a pop. Sony is said to be lending out these dev kits without charging developers at all, and it does seem to be a win-win situation. After all, developers who are happy should, logically speaking, be able to produce better games under a calm and contented mindset, which normally results in higher sales figures and ultimately, more money rolling back into Sony’s coffers.
There are also sources which claim that no dev kits are being sold at the moment, where available stock is being sent directly to favored developers. One developer shared, “All the indies I know got them for free.Sony has been amazing about kits and development thus far.”
Next Story: Halo TV Series Could Have Interactive Features
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17 PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16 Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16 Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements