We’ve heard about the Sony Xperia Z Ultra just a few weeks ago, which soon after its unveiling, hit the FCC and is expected to retail in the U.K. at £599.99. All that’s left to learn about the Sony’s latest phablet is its release date, which apparently looks to be on September 6 in the U.K.
Expansys currently has the Sony Xperia Z Ultra available for pre-order with an expected shipping date of September 6, although another U.K.-based retailer, Clove, says they’ll be shipping the phablet out sometime during the week of September 13, which is around a week later than Expansys. Expansys is charging a higher price for the Xperia Z Ultra at £639.99, while Clove has theirs selling for £599, so it’s completely up to you whether you’d like to save £40 in order to receive the Xperia Z Ultra a tad later.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU and features a 6.44-inch 1920 x 1080 display, 16GB of internal storage and an 8MP rear-facing camera. Those already are some pretty serious specs, which we know you phablet owners out there are probably drooling in anticipation for the Xpera Z Ultra’s release. If you’re comfortable with importing it, then you’ll just need to wait close to two months to finally get your hands on it.
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-22: WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20: WiFi-only Xperia Z Ultra Seemingly Confirmed On Sony's Website
- 2014-01-10: WiFi-only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Could Be In The Works