HTC One users are anxiously waiting for the Android 4.2 update. The update has long been rumored, HTC confirmed it multiple times that it would be releasing Android 4.2 for HTC One soon. The update has started rolling out in Taiwan as well as various other regions, though for U.S. customers it might take some time before the update drops through wireless carriers. Sprint HTC One users will get an over-the-air update notification today, though they shouldn’t get their hopes up because its not going to be Android 4.2. Its an incremental update that brings a few improvements and enhancements.
The latest update for Sprint HTC One retains base Android OS, no luck in that department just yet. This update is version number 1.31.651.2 and it brings a couple of changes. It brings enhancements for high-definition voice and displays Sprint Music+ ringtones in the Ringtones list. Like I said before, its just an incremental update. Sprint is going to be rolling out this update over the next few days, so don’t worry if you don’t immediately receive a notification that an update is available for download over-the-air.
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2014-04-08: Kyocera Verve Announced, Headed For Sprint And Boost Mobile
- 2013-10-23: HTC One Max Passes Through FCC With Sprint LTE Bands
- 2013-10-02: Android 4.3 For Sprint HTC One Rolling Out Today
- 2013-08-28: HTC One Headed To Sprint In Blue This September 10th (Rumor)
- 2013-08-15: Sprint Receives Exclusive Red HTC One
- 2013-05-16: Sprint HTC One Update Fixes Capacitive Button Sensitivity Issue