Prior to E3 2013, Nintendo confirmed they would be showing off its Wii U and 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. during their E3-focused Nintendo Direct presentation. The Super Smash Bros. trailer was more than any fan of the series could have asked for as not only did it show off some gameplay footage, it also confirmed a number of past characters as well as three new ones, Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer would be joining in on the fun. Today, Nintendo has confirmed another old favorite will be added to the Super Smash Bros. roster: Captain Olimar & Pikmin.
Captain Olimar & Pikmin were first introduced to the Super Smash Bros. series when Brawl was released on the Wii, and seeing how Pikmin 3 will be released for the Wii U in just a couple of weeks, we can see why Nintendo would choose now to unveil him as a playable character. Captain Olimar & Pikmin will also introduce their own stage to the Super Smash Bros. world, based on screenshots Nintendo released today.
We’re sure Nintendo will continue to unveil both new and old characters to be included into Super Smash Bros., and you better believe we’ll be keeping a close eye on them as they’re announced.RELATED
- World Of Warcraft Movie Cast List Revealed
- EA To Halt Future Battlefield 4 DLCs Until The Game Is Fixed
- Gran Turismo 6 Microtransactions Cost Detailed
- ID@Xbox Self-Publishing Program Kicks Off Early Next Year
- Peggle 2 Headed To Xbox One December 9
- Follow: 3ds, nintendo, super smash bros, wii, wii u,
- Seen at: smashbros