While we have seen Apple work with car manufacturers at integrating iOS devices into future car models, the same unfortunately cannot be said the same for motorcyclists where support for the iPhone is few, if any at all. Well the good news for motorcyclists is that if you wanted to get your hands on a motorcycle that has iPhone integration, Terra Motors might be a company to keep an eye on. The Japanese company who has been known for their development of electric motorcycles has announced a new electric motorcycle called the A4000i which allows bike riders to dock their iPhone on the bike itself (pictured above).
The integration of the iPhone will allow bike owners to check on the charging status and mileage of the bike, as well as recording stats such as motor load and position so that bike riders can check them later. With regards to future updates, Terra Motor has plans to add navigational features and a dispatch control function for business use, and even a service where driving data can also be recorded. Given that this is a motorcycle, we guess we aren’t surprised that there aren’t many media features that are included with the iPhone integration, but overall not a bad idea.
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-04-09: 4.7-inch And 5.5-inch iPhone Models Could Feature Different Resolutions [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst