Yes, we do know that Intel’s latest generation Haswell processors do not offer so much of a jump in speed and performance, but rather, it intends to deliver improved battery life to your notebook, and earlier this month, we did touch on a story about notebooks from Toshiba that will run on the Haswell platform. Well, as the calendar arrives at July 29th, here we are with word that Toshiba’s Satellite U and M range in the UK has received a refresh, with the Satellite U50t touted to arrive with a 10-point touchscreen display and Windows 8 as the operating system of choice, while the Satellite M50D and M50Dt will run on AMD’s latest APU processors and Radeon graphics.
The entire range that has been tipped for a Q3 release will ship alongside Intel’s fourth generation Haswell processors and HD 4400 graphics, although there is always the option of settling for NVIDIA’s GeForce GT 740M if you need that added graphical firepower (and have some cash to spare alongside, too). Other hardware specifications include Intel WiDi and Miracast technologies within, accompanied by a full-size HDMI port, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, a couple of USB 3.0 ports, and an SD memory card slot. Unfortunately, Toshiba has remained mum on its pricing details.
Next Story: New DoorBot Unveiled
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-01-22: Haswell Mac Mini Release Expected Soon
- 2014-01-21: Intel Introduces 9 More Haswell Processors
- 2013-12-01: ASUS And Toshiba Expected To Launch Intel Haswell Powered Chromebooks In 2014
- 2013-10-17: Cheap Haswell Based Tablets And Notebooks Expected Around The Holidays
- 2013-10-07: Toshiba Upgrades Portege, Tecra Line Of Business Laptops With Haswell CPUs