Yahoo has recently been on an acquisition spree. It has bought everything from small startups to established micro-blogging platform Tumblr. Today the company announced that it has now acquired AdMovate, which is actually a private company. AdMovate’s work is focused towards mobile advertising, they’ve actually developed a solution that will bring behavioral targeting to mobile ads. They’ve also confirmed this acquisition, but both parties have not disclosed the terms of this deal.
AdMovate’s engineering team will now be integrated with Yahoo’s display advertising team, which is based in Silicon Valley. Yahoo says that this acquisition is part of their effort to invest more in their ad tech platforms, so as to make buying easier for agencies and advertisers. Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has said multiple times that the company’s future is mobile, so naturally they’re putting a lot of money as well as resources towards that future. Yahoo was also reportedly looking to buy a substantial stake in Hulu, but that was never officially confirmed. Hulu is now no longer available for sale, but Yahoo is said to be interested in a video streaming service.
Next Story: HTC One Mini UK Launch Pegged On August 9th
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]
- 2014-03-24: Yahoo Screen Now On Roku