A few months ago BlackBerry announced that it would be releasing BlackBerry Messenger a.k.a BBM for both iOS and Android. Back then the company said that we should expect the launch to take place this summer. As yet BlackBerry has not provided a release date, but it is expected that BBM for both platforms will be coming in the next couple of weeks. The cross-platform BBM beta has already been seeded to a select few users of the BlackBerry Beta Zone, invitations to testers for the Android version have reportedly gone out as well. Today we pick up on a picture of BBM for Android, a picture of its splash screen to be precise.
The splash screen doesn’t reveal anything about the interface of the app itself. Its evident that users will have to create a BlackBerry ID regardless of which platform they’re on. This is the first time in the company’s history that its opening up the once famed BBM service to other platforms. It remains to be seen how BBM will perform in this competitive niche, where you already have players such as WhatsApp and Viber, which handle billions of messages across different platforms every single day. [Image via BGR]RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: bbm, blackberry,