Prior to the announcement of the Xbox One, gamers knew a new title was already in the works for the next-generation console which would allow us to play as Master Chief as he battles whoever is the current risk to the galaxy. We knew there’d be a new Halo, but for those of us who actually care more about its story over its multiplayer, we didn’t exactly know what the game would be about. Thankfully, Microsoft has finally accidentally shed a little bit of light on where the next Halo will take us.
We say accidental due to how exactly the information was gathered as Microsoft leaked the premise behind Halo’s story, while at the same time also confirming it’ll be the next chapter in the Halo series.
“In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.”
As you would expect, Microsoft has proceeded to pull the text that was included in the Microsoft Store listing for “Halo for Xbox One.” Fortunately for us, the Internet was fast enough to snap a screen grab, and the information will be available for all to see forever and ever. Or, at least until Microsoft legal asks us to take it down.
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]
- 2014-02-28: Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta Could Be Released This Year
- 2014-02-28: Halo News Will Be Shared At E3, According To Phil Spencer
- 2014-01-19: Microsoft Denies Rumors Of A Halo Movie
- 2013-10-29: Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One, Xbox 360 This December
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20