Come 10th of September, Apple is rumored to hold an event in which the company will announce their new iPhone models. Since nothing is official at the moment, no one knows what the new iPhone models will be called, although many are speculating that the iPhone 5S will be one of them, given Apple’s trend of naming their phones in the past. Japanese website Macotakara has “confirmed” that the successor to the iPhone 5 will indeed be called the iPhone 5S, and they are also “confirming” that Apple’s low-cost iPhone will be known as the iPhone 5C whose name was hinted at in leaked packaging designs.
While the iPhone 5S moniker seems to be a given, there are probably some who might not think that this is the case, especially since Apple went with the “new” iPad moniker for the 3rd gen iPad, rather than iPad 3 which was what many had initially predicted. As for the iPhone 5C, that’s pretty much up in the air, with some speculating that the “C” initial could stand for “color” in the sense that the phone could come in a variety of colors apart from the usual black or white options. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but with the rumored 10th of September announcement being a little less than a month away, we guess we won’t have to wait too long to see if the rumors pan out!
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03: iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29: iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2014-01-27: Unlocked iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Sale From Virgin Mobile