The closer we get to the unveiling of the iPhone 5S, the more frequent rumors are going to be for the device. We’ve already heard it may come in a 128GB option along with a new gold color option. One rumor that seems to continually pop up on a regular basis is the iPhone 5S’ inclusion of a fingerprint sensor, and it looks like it may have been caught in a newly leaked image.
A new set of iPhone 5S internal images have made their way online which shows the device may actually include the long-rumored fingerprint scanner. The images were leaked by NowhereElse and compares the internals of the iPhone 5 with the supposed internals of the iPhone 5S. We’ve seen the comparison between the two made by the site just a few days ago, but a new image highlights the bottom of the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5S, which the latter includes a metal spacer cushion. The metal spacer cushion could technically be used to include the rumored fingerprint scanner, which would be housed within the iPhone 5S’ Home button.
There seems to be evidence mounting in favor of the iPhone 5S including a fingerprint scanner, and today’s leaked images may be the final nail in the coffin. Hopefully we’ll be hearing more about the iPhone 5S in the near future so we can learn whether or not it’ll have a fingerprint scanner.
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-11-01 Boost Mobile iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Pricing Revealed
- 2013-10-25 iPhone 5s Supplies Are Now Even Shorter [Analyst]
- 2013-10-21 iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Headed To Boost Mobile November 8
- 2013-10-20 iPhone 5s TV Ad Runs
- 2013-10-17 Apple iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Prices In France Raised