Back in the day before smartphones and tablets, kids used to play with LEGO to the point where even in our late twenties and early thirties, playing with LEGO is still an enjoyable past time. Well if you have some loose LEGO pieces lying around, LEGO and Belkin have announced a partnership in which the toy maker and case manufacturer have created an official LEGO iPhone 5 case. Given that this is an official LEGO product, it means that it will be compatible with other LEGO pieces you might have lying around the house, thus allowing you to customize your iPhone 5 casing in a rather unique way. Granted the end result could be rather bulky and impractical, but at the same time we’re pretty sure no one else has your design.
The case has been described as being made of a “co-molded hard plastic back for scratch-resistance with a semi-flexible outer frame for shock-absorption” and will set you back $39.99. For those interested you can hit up Belkin’s websiteif you’d like to get your hands on it, or if you’d like to see some of the example cases that have been built with it, hit up Belkin’s Facebook page for some photos!
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-06-07: Belkin LEGO iPhone 5 Case Offers Infinite Customization Possibilities
- 2013-05-16: BelkinDyle Mobile TV Receiver For iOS Devices Launched
- 2013-02-13: Belkin Works With LEGO For New Mobile Accessories
- 2009-12-31: Lego App For Your iPhone
- 2010-01-13: Lego steering unit controls iPhone