The other day Microsoft dropped some bad news for gamers around the world when they announced that launch markets for the Xbox One would see a reduction to 13 markets instead of 21. This is no doubt bad news for gamers whose markets got dropped and can only expect to see a release in 2014 and will probably join those in Asia who are waiting for the console as well. However Microsoft has since clarified that the reason why some regions will see a delay in launch is not because there aren’t enough copies of the console, but due to getting local language and voice support to work for those regions first before releasing it.
Microsoft also went on to clarify that gamers are allowed to import the Xbox One console if it is permitted by retailers and local customs, and reiterated that Xbox One games will not be region-locked, meaning that if you don’t mind paying potentially exorbitant shipping fees and getting a converter for the power supply, you could technically import the console to your country. In a statement made by Microsoft, “Xbox One games are not region locked. Any Xbox One game purchased at retail can be used in any country on any Xbox One.”
Microsoft also went on to state some complications and restrictions that imported Xbox One consoles could face. “That said, there needs to be a valid payment method corresponding to a supported launch country in order for any transactions to occur over Xbox Live, and some content may not be accessible outside launch markets due to geographic content restrictions imposed by content right holders.” It sounds like it could prove to be more trouble than it is worth, but we guess if you have to have it, you’ll find a way to get it to work! So, any of our readers planning to import their Xbox One consoles?
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-23 China Thinks Windows 8 Is ‘Expensive’
- 2014-04-23 Bing In Classroom Arrives At All U.S. Schools
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-17 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements