Earlier today we reported that the Motorola Moto X smartphone was now available on AT&T for $199. That being said, what about other carriers? When would they be seeing the Moto X launch on their network? According to Motorola’s Punit Soni, a recent post on his Google+ account has revealed that the Moto X is expected to make its way onto other carriers, such as T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon, “in days”. While no specific dates were mentioned, we guess “in days” does sound better and more immediate than “soon” or “near future” which are phrases that companies like toss around from time to time.
Soni also revealed that a developer edition of the Moto X could also be launched in the coming days as well, which we guess would be great news for developers who are looking to work more closely with the device. As a quick recap for those who might have forgotten, the Moto X smartphone is the latest smartphone from Motorola. The device has taken a pretty drastic departure in terms of design from previous Motorola devices, and will sport a 4.7” 720p HD display, a 1.7GHz dual-core Qualcomm S4 Pro processor, and a 10MP camera. While its hardware is not the most powerful, it makes up for it in terms of features and customizability.
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched