We reported on a rumor circulating yesterday saying Motorola may be considered to create the next Nexus smartphone, and today, another Nexus-related rumor is circulating. But this time, it’s in regards to who is being considered to manufacture the Nexus 10.
Last year’s Nexus 10 was manufactured by Samsung, and it looks like reports are coming in that say the next Nexus 10 will be manufactured by ASUS. The report comes from Geek.com and they don’t say exactly where they got their information from, but it’s certainly interesting to hear ASUS is being considered, especially when Google’s senior VP Sundar Pichai briefly mentioned the Nexus 10 would be manufactured by Samsung again.
Geek.com does say a number of its multiple sources have tipped them to expect the Nexus 10 refresh to be available on the Google Play Store and Best Buy retail stores in time for the 2013 holiday season. With that said, that means we should expect a Nexus 10 announcement to occur in the coming months, and who exactly is in charge of manufacturing the tablet will also be unveiled. Until then, take today’s rumor with a large grain of salt.RELATED
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 8-Inch Nokia Lumia 2020 Launching In Early 2014 [Rumor]
- Nintendo Rumored To Develop Educational Android Tablet
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Follow: asus, Google, Nexus 10,
- Seen at: geek