We reported on a rumor circulating yesterday saying Motorola may be considered to create the next Nexus smartphone, and today, another Nexus-related rumor is circulating. But this time, it’s in regards to who is being considered to manufacture the Nexus 10.
Last year’s Nexus 10 was manufactured by Samsung, and it looks like reports are coming in that say the next Nexus 10 will be manufactured by ASUS. The report comes from Geek.com and they don’t say exactly where they got their information from, but it’s certainly interesting to hear ASUS is being considered, especially when Google’s senior VP Sundar Pichai briefly mentioned the Nexus 10 would be manufactured by Samsung again.
Geek.com does say a number of its multiple sources have tipped them to expect the Nexus 10 refresh to be available on the Google Play Store and Best Buy retail stores in time for the 2013 holiday season. With that said, that means we should expect a Nexus 10 announcement to occur in the coming months, and who exactly is in charge of manufacturing the tablet will also be unveiled. Until then, take today’s rumor with a large grain of salt.
Next Story: Partial Sony Honami Port On Xperia Z
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-01: Nexus 10 Listed As "Coming Soon" On Google Play
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-03-14: ASUS Reportedly Drops Plans And Halts Sale Of Dual Booting Products [Rumor]
- 2014-02-21: ASUS Transformer Book Duet Might Be Killed Due To Pressure From Google [Rumor]
- 2014-02-04: ASUS Chromebox Just launched
- 2013-09-19: Nex-gen Nexus 10 Tablet Could Be Made By ASUS