It’s been a long time coming for fans of PopCap Games’ Plants vs. Zombies 2 as the company originally told us the game would be releasing on July 18, but it was later delayed in order to fine-tune the game a bit before its worldwide release. As you could probably guess by the title of this story, Plants vs. Zombies is now officially available exclusively on iOS.
Plants vs. Zombies 2: It’s About Time has been available in Australia for over a month to allow EA to ensure all of its back-end systems were able to handle a number of complex elements such as cross-device saves and the creation of player accounts. It looks like the time Plants vs. Zombies 2 had in Australia did EA some good as so far, the game has been available on iOS for under 12 hours without any issues rising from its launch.
Fans of the original Plants vs. Zombies grew concerned over the freemium price structure revealed to be included in Plants vs. Zombies 2, but in my experience playing the game for a few hours, I can tell you so far I haven’t experienced anything that could take away from enjoying the game so far. If you’re a true PvZ fan, then you should head over to the App Store and download PvZ 2 immediately.
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2013-06-03: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS July 18
- 2011-07-22: Allied Star Police officially released
- 2011-05-16: Plants vs. Zombies for Android arriving on May 31
- 2011-04-29: PopCap Games lets 9 year old boy create his own game