With BlackBerry and Samsung signing a deal in which Samsung devices will come preloaded with BBM, and how there have been talks about the possibility of BBM being spun off into a separate company, there has been speculation (again) that Samsung could be interested in acquiring BlackBerry, or at least some of its assets. Samsung had to once again step forward and refute the rumors that the South Korean tech giant is not interested in acquiring BlackBerry and that their partnership basically ended with BBM.
Speaking in an interview with the Korea Times, Samsung’s executive vice president, Lee Young-hee, was quoted as saying, “Samsung Electronics is not considering that opportunity” when quizzed about whether Samsung would be interested in a takeover of BlackBerry, especially in light of rumors that BlackBerry could be looking to take itself private which would require a fair amount of investment, money which Samsung could potentially pony up if they wished.
With Samsung manufacturing a variety of devices ranging from Android to Windows Phone and even Tizen, we guess the idea of Samsung making BlackBerry devices was not a bad one, but what do you guys think? Would you like to see Samsung churn out BlackBerry devices with Samsung-like designs?RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: blackberry, Samsung,
- Seen at: n4bb