Samsung created the Galaxy S4 Active as a way for those with a more active lifestyle to enjoy their latest Android device without having to worry about it getting wet or getting hit in the face by a dust storm. It looks like the Galaxy S4 may not be the only Galaxy device to get a special version geared towards a specific set of people as a Korean retailer has outed the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids tablet.
If the brochure is to be believed, then Samsung is planning on releasing a kid-friendly Galaxy Tab 3. The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is expected to be an 8.5-inch tablet with a 7-inch 1024 x 600 WSVGA display and features a 1.2GHz dual-core CPU, 8GB of internal storage, and 1GB of RAM. It’ll come with a 1.3MP front-facing camera, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC, Wi-Fi, a 4,000mAh battery and will measure in at 9.9mm of thickness while weighing 302 grams.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is expected to be released in September, although none of the leaked specs say anything about it being able to withstand wave after wave of sticky cheerios thrown directly into its screen. Hopefully Samsung learned a thing or two from its Galaxy S4 Active and has also made this tablet as durable as its latest smartphone.
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2013-12-11: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Specs Leaked [Rumor]
- 2013-12-05: Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Release Expected Next Month
- 2013-10-28: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids Launching In U.S. Nov. 10 For $230
- 2013-10-07: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Arriving On Sprint 11th October
- 2013-09-17: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, 8.0 Expected To Receive Multi-User Support